Microsoft carries out another Windows 10 update; numerous users can’t install the update because of different error codes.
The most recent Windows 10 update is no particular cause for this standard, as the user announced that the 0x80246019 error code kept them from downloading and introducing the form so use that Windows update error point.
windows update error overview
Method 1 – Check your antivirus Software
In case you’re getting error0x80246019 while attempting to download the most recent updates of Windows 10, the issue may be your antivirus.
- To fix the issue, check your antivirus settings and take a look at disabling specific features.
- If that doesn’t work, you may need to uninstall your antivirus.
On the off chance that eliminating the antivirus takes care of the issue, this may be a happy chance to consider various antivirus software changes.
Method 2 – Eliminate the $WINDOWS.~BT directory
As per users, here and there $WINDOWS.~BT directory can cause error 0x80246019 to show up. This file is made by Windows Update. These files can get corrupted, and that can produce different issues show up. To fix that issue, you need to eliminate $WINDOWS.~BT by doing the accompanying:
- In the Windows Search box, type Disk Cleanup. Select Disk Cleanup from the rundown of results.
- Ensure that your System drive is chosen and click OK.
- Stand by while the PC checks the chose drive. This interaction typically several seconds.
- Presently you need to choose the documents you need to eliminate and click OK. Make sure to go to the button and select Impermanent Windows installation files.
Method 3 – Unplug the USB Device
As per users, error 0x80246019 can show up because of your USB device. Specific USB peripherals can meddle with your system and keep you from downloading the most recent updates. To fix this issue, it’s prompted that you remove all USB devices from your PC.
Method 4 – Change the Insider Program Settings in the Settings application
On the off chance that you can’t download the most recent updates because of error 0x80246019, the issue may be your settings. To fix the problem, you need several adjustments in the Settings application. To do that, follow these means:
- Open the Settings application by pressing Windows + I key. Presently, go to the Update and Security segment.
- Find and click the stop getting Insider preview builds.
- Presently click the Cancel button to confirm.
Method 5 – Debilitate real-time security in Windows Defender
At times error 0x80246019 can happen because of Windows Defender and its real-time security feature. To fix the issue, it’s encouraged to disable real-time security in Windows Defender. To do that, follow these means:
- Open the Settings application and go to Update and Security.
- Explore Windows Defender in the menu on the left. Click the Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Go to the Virus and Threat Protection.
- Pick Virus and Threat Protection settings.
- Presently disable Real-time Protection.
Method 6 – Run the SFC Command in CMD
This issue can happen for different reasons, yet you can fix it just by playing out an SFC check.
To do that, follow these means:
- Open Command Prompt Select run as Administrator.
- Then enter SFC Command and press Enter to run it.
- The scan will currently begin. SFC sweep can require around 15 minutes, so don’t meddle with it.
After the SFC examination completes, check if the issue is still there. If the problem is as yet present or if you couldn’t utilize the SFC filter, you need to run a DISM check by doing the accompanying:
- Start CMD as an administrator and
- Enter DISM/On the web/Cleanup-Picture/RestoreHealth order. Press Enter to run it.
- DISM output will presently begin. Remember that this sweep can require around 20 minutes or more, so don’t meddle with it.
After the DISM examination is done, check if the error is still there.
Method 7 – Run the Windows Update troubleshooter
At times, you could fix error code 0x80246019 just by running the Windows Update troubleshooter.
To utilize Windows Update troubleshooter, do the accompanying:
- Open the Settings application and
- Click on the Update and Security area.
- Select troubleshooting from the left menu.
- Pick Windows Update
- Click the Run the troubleshooter button.
After the investigator is done, check if the issue is still there.
Conclusion: On the off chance that you experienced error 0x80246019 when attempting to download updates 14385 and utilized one of the workarounds recorded above or even your fix.