One thing that is annoyed a variety of gamers within the Warhammer 40,000: Darktide beta isn’t realizing precisely what a weapon is like earlier than it is in our fingers. Once you see a brand new autogun or chainsword within the armory there might be a few phrases to sum up its strengths, like Cell or Excessive Capability, some numberless bars for attributes like injury and reload pace, after which a trio of icons which are as inscrutable as any of the Chaos runes drawn on the partitions of Tertium Hive. It is onerous to know what you are shopping for.
Although there is not any mouseover textual content on these icons within the beta, press the V key when you’re within the menu to examine a weapon and you may deliver up an info display that gives their names, if not descriptions. (The combo assaults of melee weapons are additionally proven right here.) Some are plain sufficient, and some might be acquainted to those that performed Fatshark’s earlier Warhammer recreation, Vermintide 2. Others are nonetheless straight-up inscrutable. I’ve spent a while within the Meat Grinder testing room to determine simply what the entire weapon symbols and stats imply.
Ranged weapon symbols
The three symbols for every ranged weapon describe, from left to proper, its major assault, secondary assault, and particular motion. These are mapped to left-click, right-click, and mouse-five (seemingly a thumb button) by default. The bullets beneath a gun’s symbols inform you whether or not that firing mode is:
- Semi-automatic (one bullet)
- Absolutely computerized (two bullets)
- Burst-fire (two bullets with a circle between them)
A single bullet adopted by an arcing path means it is a projectile weapon that can drop over distance and must be aimed excessive. The one that appears like a shotgun shell subsequent to a stream of pellets? That is a shotgun, sure. It will hearth in a cone.
Listed below are the various different symbols you may see on ranged weapons.
Melee weapon symbols
The primary image represents a weapon’s mild assault, the second its heavy assault (triggered once you maintain down the assault button), and the third is its particular motion, mapped to mouse-five. Ensure that to deliver up the total particulars by urgent V, as a result of melee weapon combos usually embody totally different assaults that will not match that image.
What do the merchandise score and stats imply?
Each weapon in Darktide has a score quantity. The upper that quantity, the extra factors might be unfold throughout its attribute bars. That does not imply all its bars might be larger, nevertheless. Although a better score usually means a greater weapon, generally these additional factors will not have been spent properly. Maintain an eye fixed out for high-rating weapons with low injury bars particularly.
As for what these attributes imply, some are self-explanatory, like reload pace, however others are a bit extra opaque. This is what the extra complicated ones imply.
- Mobility: Bonus dodge distance. That is extra advanced than it sounds. Every weapon kind has a unique base dodge distance, and a unique variety of dodges you may carry out in a row earlier than that distance drops off till you reset the chain by performing a block or assault. A low mobility score on a weapon kind that begins with a excessive dodge distance, like a fight knife, may nonetheless be higher than excessive mobility on a weapon like an axe that begins with a low dodge distance. In Vermintide 2, Mobility additionally made you higher at sprinting and may do one thing comparable in Darktide, but when so it is a slight enchancment I have never been capable of detect.
- Cleave Targets: The variety of enemies that might be broken in a single swing. You’ll be able to improve this by swinging the mouse horizontally as you assault.
- First Goal: How a lot injury the primary enemy hit by a cleave will take.
- Cleave Harm: How a lot injury will unfold to subsequent enemies in a cleave.
- Finesse: Bonus weak level injury.
- Defences: Reduces the stamina prices of blocking.
- Penetration: Reduces the quantity of harm negated by carapace armor.
- Stopping Energy: How seemingly it’s to stagger enemies on hit.
- Crowd Management: How seemingly a protect is to stagger enemies on push.
- Collateral: How a lot suppression it causes, decreasing enemies’ purpose and sending them into cowl.
- Stability: Reduces the quantity of recoil when firing and the quantity of sway in ADS.
- Ammo: Can affect the overall quantity of ammo carried in addition to the quantity of ammo in every clip. That is the one bar with precise numbers subsequent to it, so ensure to test them.
- Cost Velocity: How briskly it powers up charged assaults.
- Warp Resistance: Reduces the quantity of peril generated, peril being the stuff psykers construct up as they use their skills and which must be managed fastidiously to stop their brains blowing up.
- Quell Velocity: Will increase the pace peril drops off.