Basic introduction of Data Scientist Certifications
- Companies are increasingly hiring Data Scientists who can transform data into relevant information and useful insights that are crucial for the smooth operations of a business. Data Scientist Certifications or Data Science Certifications will help you gain a competitive edge over the others and recruiters generally look for candidates with formal knowledge and training in Data Science. But, what are the top Data Scientist Certifications that are available currently? Let us explore the same in the current blog post.
- If you are thinking of becoming a Data Scientist, we suggest you read the current blog post till the end.
- In this blog post, we will be covering the top Data Scientist Certifications. Shall we start?.
Top Data Scientist Certifications
- CAP – Certified Analytics Professional
- Dell EMC Proven Professional Certification Program
- SAS Certified Data Scientist
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate
- Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst
Let’s now dive right into the list of the top Data Scientist Certifications:
1) CAP – Certified Analytics Professional – CAP is one of the top global certifications for people who want to be Analytics Professionals or Analytics Practitioners. This certification is best suited for early to mid-career Analytics Professionals. The criteria for getting into CAP are a Bachelor’s degree accompanied by a Professional Analytics experience of 5 years or a Master’s Degree accompanied by an experience of 3 years. You also need to sign an ethics code to get into CAP. The skills required include model building, Analytics/Business Problem Framing, etc.
- Polishing existing skills and building new skills.
- Better and Brighter Career Prospects.
2) Dell EMC Proven Professional Certification Program – The Dell EMC Data Scientist Associate (EMCDSA) is the next name on our list of the top Data Scientist Certifications. It is a certification program that helps you learn Big Data and Data Analytics. All you need to do to become a “Proven Professional” is pass the certification. The criteria for this certification include a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, Electronics and Electricals, and other related fields. You also need to pass the DEA-7TT2 Associate – Data Science and Big Data Analytics v2 Exam. Some of the skills required are Data Analytics, Statistics for Model Building and Evaluation, and Data Visualization Techniques.
- Focus on Technologies applicable to all IT Environments and scenarios.
- Training based on role.
- Focus on Emerging Operations Technologies.
3) SAS Certified Data Scientist – The SAS Certified Data Scientist Certification is also one of the top Data Scientist Certifications that empowers professionals to gain useful insights from data. You can help a business succeed by making recommendations using SAS, open-source tools, and advanced Machine Learning Models. Some of the important criteria for the SAS Certified Data Scientist certification are SQL Processing Experience, SAS Programming Basics and Data Manipulation Techniques Experience, and a minimum of 6 months of experience in Mathematics and Statistics. It includes the following programs – Data Curation, Advanced Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning.
- An all-inclusive training.
- Enhancement of knowledge with case studies based on real-world scenarios.
- Globally recognized skills.
4) Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Scientist Associate – This features on our list of the top Data Scientist Certifications as it enables the application of Data Science and Machine Learning knowledge to set into action the machine learning overloads on the Azure Cloud Platform. The only criterion is to pass the following exam – DP-100: Designing and Implementing a Data Science Solution on Azure platform. Some of the skills of this certification include Optimization and Management of Models and Implementation of an Azure Machine Learning workspace.
- Huge opportunity to prove that you are a Subject matter Expert in the Data Science field.
5) Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst – This certification enables you to prepare, structure, and analyze data on the CDH environment of Cloudera. It will also enable you to import data from MYSQL to Hadoop, make tables and reports. You can be an SQL developer, data analyst, or Business Intelligence Specialist to be able to get into the certification. Some of the subject areas include providing structure to the data and data analysis.
- Increases Employment opportunities.
- Ensures a promising career.
- Handsome Salary Packages.
Which one to choose?
This depends on the matching of the criteria for the above certifications with your skills. Some of the above courses do not have mandatory criteria. Also, you need to decide what you want to do in the future or what skills you want to handle. Once, there is a perfect match, zeroing in on the best Data Scientist certification will prove to be a cakewalk.