- Not all students are aware of various careers or job types that are available. This is because of a lack of exposure to careers, vocations, or jobs. We have compiled a list of websites that will help students explore their careers and skill sets. This will also help students in zeroing in on a job or career that may be of interest and importance. These are some of the websites that all students must know.
- If you are a student who wants to explore jobs and careers, we urge you to read this blog post till the end.
- In this blog post, we will be covering the top 10 must-know career websites for students.
List of the Top 10 must-know career websites for students
Here is the list:
1) Road Trip Nation –
- This career awareness website is one of the top 10 must-know career websites for students. This website allows students to explore the US in a green RV to discuss with people about jobs and their problems. Students need to select “Start Your Roadmap” and then give solutions to three different questions. Then they will be directed to a page where they will see trends regarding actual jobs. You can also follow other experienced professionals.
2) Career Girls –
- This is a very popular website for girl students and is, therefore, one of the top 10 must-know career websites for students. With the help of the resources on this website, students can find out facts about themselves, research job opportunities and careers, and find out ways to build employment skills, among others.
3) Career Village –
- This amazing website allows students to connect with real professionals so that they can get job-related queries answered by the professionals. When a student asks a question, professional answers the same.
4) Job Shadow –
- Job Shadow is also one of the top 10 must-know career websites for students. This site allows students to get access to more than 400 videos where professionals talk about what a typical day at work in their lives looks like. You can get interviews from professionals such as the following – Firefighters, Radiologists, Veterinarians, Pharmaceutical Representatives, and others.
- This website also allows students to have access to documents related to daily life at work, and also a documentation from various professionals belonging to several career fields. If you select “Human Services”, you can get documents related to daily lives at work from professionals like a foundation officer, an in-house Grant Writer, and others.
6) Mapping your Future –
- This career awareness website is also one of the top 10 must-know career websites for students. On this website, students can match their career interests, review careers based on clusters, search careers, and perform many other activities.
7) My Future –
- My Future is also one of the top 10 must-know career websites for students. This site allows students to enter a generic industry/ career type and you will get thousands of results in terms of job titles and salary ranges for the industry entered by you.
- This skills exploration website allows students to register without paying any money and answer 24 questions. You will then get “your colors” based on “your interest” and “your style”. You can also navigate to “Recommended Careers” to have access to a list of recommended careers based on your interest and style.
- This skills exploration website is also one of the top 10 must-know career websites for students. The website provides you with realistic, investigative, artistic, social, enterprising, and conventional interest levels based on various jobs. You can also find jobs that match your interests.
- This website needs you to give answers to 35 questions, register using email, and get results for the test. You will get measured for various career paths like Financial, Artistic, Cultural, and others. Based on the results, you can move towards the correct coursework.
- These were the top 10 websites that every student must know. They will give you a clear picture of what to expect from your career or job when you enter the job world. That will also provide you with the much-needed motivation that a student should have to be focused on their career paths.