Basic Introduction of John Wick 4
- If you have watched all the movies of the franchise, you must be aware of how big it has become. However, the scale and success have been bigger with each sequel. In other words, the first movie in the franchise did not see the huge amount of success that the second sequel saw and even bigger success that the third sequel saw. The expectations that fans have from John Wick 4 are sky-high, given the huge success of the franchise so far.
- Do you wish to know more about John Wick 4? If yes, we urge you to read this blog post till the end.
- In this post, we will be covering everything we need to know about John Wick 4 – Release Date, Cast making a return, New Cast, Director, Writer, Plot, Leaked Images, and future of the franchise.
John Wick 4: Everything We Need To Know About
- Although we were supposed to watch John Wick 4 in 2021 itself, the COVID 19 pandemic did not let that happen. But the shooting of the movie is now complete and we can expect the movie to release on May 27, 2022.
Cast making a return with John Wick 4
- In John Wick 4, we can expect to see many of the main actors from the earlier movies of the franchise. Keanu Reeves will make a return in John Wick 4 as the titular character. After all, John Wick 4 needs the original John Wick. Ian McShane is back as the New York Continental Hotel Manager, Winston. Winston used to be Wick’s friend but he shockingly back-stabbed him at the end of John Wick 3. We will also see Lance Reddick’s return as the hotel concierge and Laurence Fishburne as the Bowery King, the head of The Soup Kitchen. For the unversed, The Soup Kitchen is the intelligence network of the underworld.
- We will get to see a host of new actors added to the cast of John Wick 4 including pop star Rina Sawayama who will be making her film debut with John Wick 4. Here’s the list of the new cast:
- Shamier Anderson
- Bill Skarsgård
- Donnie Yen
- Scott Adkins
- Clancy Brown
- Hiroyuki Sanada
- Rina Sawayama
- Chad Stahelski, a former stuntman, is the director of John Wick 4. He was also the director of John Wick 2 and John Wick 3. As far as John Wick, the first movie is concerned, he co-directed it with David Leitch.
- Shay Hatten and Michael Finch have written John Wick 4. Hatten was also the co-writer of John Wick 3. Finch’s notable works include Predators, The November Man, and The American Assassin. The franchise creator Derek Kolstad has not worked in John Wick 4.
- We will see the story in John Wick 4 continue after the shocking events that took place in John Wick 3. Winston was able to become the hotel manager again by shooting Wick and leaving him to die. But, to everyone’s surprise, Wick has managed to survive the attack and is now hell-bent on defeating the High Table, the dangerous underworld authority. Wick looks to take help from the Bowery King.
- This is the maximum that we know about the plot of John Wick 4. But as per Keenu Reeves, we will get to see the opening sequence occur in the desert. He hopes to “fast-gallop and run” while being mounted on a horse in the desert.
- Stahelski has also made a revelation about the film and that is it “won’t have a happy ending”. He threw a challenge at us regarding the ending of the movie. He argues that John Wick is not just going to “walk away” after having killed 300 people.
- Since the production of John Wick 4 got over recently in November, we don’t have our hands on any official footage of John Wick 4. But, there are some leaked images that are doing the rounds on the internet. As per one of the leaked images, the movie’s title could be John Wick 4: Hagakure. There’s no confirmation on the same as yet.
Future of the Franchise
- There are going to be more movies in the franchise. Why do we say so? That’s because the fifth movie in the franchise has already been confirmed. It will make Stahelski take the controls as the director again. Also, The TV show, The Continental, which will act as a prequel and will be based in the 70s is going to come soon. A spin-off named, The Ballerina is also being worked on and has Hatten as the scriptwriter.
FAQ Of John Wick 4
How Did He Survive That Fall At The End Of John Wick 3?
What Exactly Is Behind The High Table?
Where Does The Continental Get Its Money And Endless Supplies?
Who Are The Ruska Roma And Why Do They Operate Outside The High Table?
Why And When Did John Leave The Ruska Roma?