- You must be aware of the fact that Fortnite Chapter 3 is going to be released soon. In fact, it has been released as per reports and has gone live on the 5th of December. The excitement of the players knows no bounds. What has caught the attention of many is the return of features that existed in the previous seasons. Yes, we are talking about vaults that are making a return with Fortnite Chapter 3.
- If you want to know more about vaults and vault locations in Fortnite Chapter 3, we urge you to read this blog post till the end.
- In this post, we will be attempting to answer the question, “How to open a vault in Fortnite?” We will also be talking about all the Vault locations.
About Fortnite Vaults
- Battle Royale has vaults that are a type of location found usually in Boss Locations. Vaults contain impressive loot and other items but, you need to defeat henchmen and a boss to open them. There are many Henchmen Chests that vaults have and they contain loot based on the type of weapons. The layout of most vaults is more-or-less similar.
The Return of Vaults in Fortnite Chapter 3
- Vaults have finally made a comeback in Fortnite Chapter 3. If you have dealt with vaults in the previous seasons, you must be aware that if you unlock the vaults, you can get your hands on several weapons and loot. But, there is a catch! You cannot open them all by yourself. You need to collaborate with your team to do so and get your hands on the rewards that the vaults house.
How to open a vault in Fortnite?
- Now, let’s find an answer to the question, “How to open a vault in Fortnite?” and also find all vault locations.
- There are seven vaults in Fortnite and you can call them by the name, Seven Vault which seems to belong to The Seven. In order to enter a vault, all you need to do is play in a game mode instead of a single row. Why? That’s because at least two players are needed to open the vaults.
Step 1 – Get at least one player for assistance – You would require at least one player who can assist you. You need assistance to unlock vaults irrespective of whether you are playing in duos, trios, or squads. You will be able to unlock the vault the moment you and your team member meet. The vault will open slowly but loudly.
Step 2 – Don’t aim at the NPCs – Once the vault opens, you will find that the seven outposts contain all the arches and the non-hostile NPCs are tasked with protecting them. Who are they? They are the guardians working for The Seven. You can open the vault without fearing about them bothering you. Therefore, you don’t need to aim at them.
Step 3 – Beware of enemies – Beware of enemy players as they may stand between you and the prize.
Step 4 – Assemble your team to unlock an arch – You need to assemble your entire team around and ensure the vault door is unlocked so as to find the seven chests that resemble Hunchman chests. Each of these chests has many items and loot that will help you progress in the game.
Step 5 – Hire an NPC, if needed to fulfill the requirement for assistance – You have to ensure you have at least one member as assistance by hook or crook. For that, you can even hire an NPC or make an opponent go with you near the door of the vault.
Step 6 – Go downstairs of the building and in front of a vault – Each vault is presumably owned by each member of The Seven. The map below shows the exact location of all the seven vaults that exist on Fortnite Chapter 3 Season 1 Island. After landing in one of the outposts, you have to land in the building and run downstairs to position yourself in front of a vault.
- We hope we have successfully answered the question, “How to open a vault in Fortnite?” Also, we have given an idea of all vault locations in Fortnite Chapter 3. You can refer to the map for a clearer idea of the vault locations. Enjoy the rewards once you unlock vaults in the game.