- For freshers, graduating college or university is one of the biggest life events. But, what next? Finding a job is the next best thing to do. But, a job application is incomplete without the most important document for a job application and that is a resume. A resume tells the recruiters or employers why you are the perfect choice for a job. It shows your skills, experience, and abilities. But, your resume should act as your representative and, therefore, it needs to be perfect. The question is, “How to do so?”
- If you are a fresher who is all set to enter the corporate world, ensure you read this blog post first.
- In this blog post, we will be attempting to answer the question,“How to make the perfect resume for freshers, 2021?” For your reference, we will be presenting you with a sample resume as well.
Steps to make the perfect resume for Freshers, 2021
We thought of presenting a list of the important steps in order to answer the question, “How to make the perfect resume for freshers, 2021?” Here are the steps:
1) Go through the job advertisement thoroughly –
- The first step to make the perfect resume for freshers in 2021 is to go through the advertisement thoroughly. By “thoroughly”, we mean jotting down the keywords and keyphrases that the job ad contains. How will that help you? That will help you highlight the skills that match the requirements as given in the job description.
2) Mention your contact information –
- The next step is to mention all your contact information that includes your name, home address, contact number, email address, and ensure you include your contact information at the beginning.
3) Add links to your professional networking or social networking accounts –
- By adding links to your professional networking sites or social networking accounts, you help your recruiters get additional professional information that may even help you move ahead in the screening process.
4) Write a description that best describes you and your professional profile –
- This is an important step to make the perfect resume for freshers in 2021. Let the recruiters know about you, your professional aspirations, and your achievements in your college or university.
5) Mention the soft skills and hard skills that you have –
- Mention the most relevant soft skills and hard skills that will help your recruiter make a decision quickly. For example, for a marketing profile, make sure you mention your communication skills, leadership skills, and negotiation skills.
6) Mention your educational qualifications –
- This is the next step on our list of the steps to make the perfect resume for freshers, 2021. Mention your educational qualifications along with the duration (dates) and scores obtained. If you have a scholarship or a certificate, mention that too.
7) Mention your internship/work experience –
- The next step is to mention any internship experience that you may have along with the duration. Even if you are engaged in any part-time job, ensure you mention the same.
8) Let your potential employers know about your hobbies and interests –
- By mentioning your hobbies and interests, you let your recruiters know about the person you are.
9) Mention additional skills –
- This is the next step to make the perfect resume for freshers in 2021. By mentioning additional skills like knowledge of foreign languages or any professional certification, you will make it easier for your potential employers to decide if you are a perfect fit for the job. This will help you especially when you apply for a multinational company that works with various linguistic groups.
10) Let your potential employer know that you are a fast learner –
- Your employer knows you may need help learning new skills. But, they need assurance of the fact that you are capable of learning those skills well and quickly. That is why it is important to tell recruiters why and how you are a fast learner. The best thing to do is give practical examples from your life to highlight the same.
11) Revise before submitting your resume –
- Yes, you need to apply your revising skills even while applying for a job. How? Look for grammatical errors or factual errors in your resume before submitting it. After all, perfect resumes always stand out.
12) Refer to similar resumes –
- This is the next step on our list of the steps to make the perfect resume for freshers, 2021. As a point of reference go through resumes for profiles similar to yours and ensure your resume does all the talking on your behalf.
13) Ensure your resume is not too long –
- Let’s admit it! Recruiters do not have a lot of time that they can use to spend on a single resume. So, ensure your resume is short and crisp, and preferably one-page long. Also, ensure the usage of business fonts (Arial, Calibri, and others) and colors that go with a professional resume.
- These are some of the steps that will help you answer the question, “How to make the perfect resume for freshers, 2021?” confidently.
Name of the Applicant (You)
House Address of the Applicant
Email Address of the Applicant
Contact Number of the Applicant
Links to professional networking or social networking platforms
A Brief Description of the Applicant
(Introduction of the Applicant to the recruiter)
(Name of the Institute) (Date of Joining to Date of Completion)
(Name of the Organization)
(Date of Joining to Date of Completion)
Hobbies and Interests
Languages Known (Read/Write/Speak)