- Game development is a happening field these days and it is an exciting one too. Developing top-notch games can change your life for the better. That is why many are entering the game development field. But, if you want to become a game developer, should you not undergo training for the same? The answer to that is “Yes, you definitely should.” But what if you want to undergo a course online? Are there online courses for game development in 2021? The answer is “Yes, absolutely.”
- If you see yourself as a hot-shot game developer in the future, we urge you to read this blog post till the end.
- In this blog post, we will be covering the best game development courses online, as of 2021. We are going to cover both free and paid courses in the list that we will be presenting below.
Table of Free and Paid Game Development Courses Online
|Free and Paid Game Development Courses Online||Short Description and Follow the links|
|Unreal Engine C++ Developer Course (Udemy)||This course will teach you Unreal Engine C++ programming from the ground up, from the fundamentals to the packing of a complete video game.|
|Complete C# Unity Developer 2D Course (Udemy)||This course began as a Kickstarter success and has now grown to become Udemy’s most popular and viewed Unity game development course.|
Throughout the course, there are complete English closed captions.
|Computer Science for Game Development by Harvard University (edX)||Whether you want to further your profession, acquire a |
degree, or learn something new for personal reasons, edX
offers the courses you need.
|C# Programming – Unity Game Development Certification (Coursera)||This specialty is designed for programmers who are new to |
Unity and wish to learn how to programme games in C#.
The first course requires no prior programming expertise, and you’ll learn how to programme in C# and how to apply that knowledge to Unity games throughout the duration of the specialization’s four courses.
|Become a Game Designer – The Complete Series Coding to Design (Udemy)||If you’re serious about becoming a game designer, you already|
know you’ll need the most up-to-date and comprehensive game design education available.
It is critical to have an extensive understanding of the whole game the production process to compete in this competitive business.
List of the Best Free and Paid Game Development Courses Online, 2021/ Best Game Engines of 2021
- As already promised, we will be presenting you with a list of the best free and paid game development courses online, 2021. So, let’s begin without much ado:
1) Unreal Engine C++ Developer Course (Udemy) –
- This course is the first name on our list of the best free and paid game development courses online, 2021. This course will help you learn the standard language that gamers use i.e C++. You will also learn how to use design effects and sound effects while developing a game. Not only this, but you will also learn practical lessons that will help you understand the fundamentals of the game development process. This course covers 337 lectures and is of a duration of 59.5 hours.
2) Complete C# Unity Developer 2D Course (Udemy) –
- This course is the next name on our list of the best free and paid game development courses online, 2021. Do you wish to learn how to develop video games? If yes, you can do so using Unity with the help of this course. You will not only learn simple concepts but also complex ones and this course ensures your knowledge base is strong. You will get a hands-on experience of several topics and techniques as this course is a project-based one. The best part of the course is that you don’t need to have prior experience to undergo this course. It consists of 380 lectures and is of a duration of 62 hours. You can even start a career in game development after completing this course.
3) Computer Science for Game Development by Harvard University (edX) –
- These professional certificate courses have also found a place on our list of the best free and paid game development courses online, 2021. This course will help you learn programming languages and the basics of game development and also let you learn about game programming. You will learn how famous games are developed and about 2D and 3D computer graphics, sound, animation, and game development frameworks and languages, among others. This is actually a 2-course program that will require you to spend 11 weeks per course and 8-16 hours on a weekly basis.
4) C# Programming – Unity Game Development Certification (Coursera) –
- This course is the next name on our list of the best free and paid game development courses online, 2021. You will not only learn the basic concepts of gaming but also apply them to develop design-based games. You will even learn to add menus, handle events, and many other aspects of gaming. The best part of the course is that you will get to work on the capstone project after completing the course and showcase your game development skills. The course lasts for 5 months and you will need to spend 5 hours on a weekly basis.
5) Become a Game Designer – The Complete Series Coding to Design (Udemy) –
- This highly-rated course has to be on our list of the best free and paid game development courses online, 2021. It covers concepts like 2D game design, 3D animation, coding, programming, Unity, Mudbox, Photoshop, and many other aspects. If you wish to create and publish your games, this course will be the best bet for you. The duration of the course is 84 hours and you will also be rewarded with a certificate after you complete the course. You can even download 16 downloadable resources and have lifetime access to the same. Cool. Isn’t it?
- These are the best free and paid game development courses that are available as of 2021 and you can undergo the course that matches your interests to make a grand entry into the game development field.