Basic information of Fortnite Free-to-play Cross-platform Game
- With soaring popularity, thanks to 350 million users, the free-to-play battle royale game Fortnite by Epic Games is topping the trend charts. However, players are still not clear about the compatibility of the game across platforms and the steps to enable cross-platform play on Fortnite. This blog post is an attempt to remove all the doubts regarding Fortnite free-to-play cross-platform game.
- If you are thinking of playing the Fortnite free-to-play cross-platform game, you might want to read this blog post first.
- In this blog post, we will be covering everything that you should know about the Fortnite free-to-play cross-platform game – if it supports cross-play across platforms, steps to enable cross-platform play on Fortnite, the platforms that support the game, and steps to merge accounts into one. So, let’s begin!
|Fortnite Free-to-play Cross-platform Game||Cross-Platform link here|
|Fortnite Free-to-play Cross-platform Game For Android||Android link|
|Fortnite Free-to-play Cross-platform Game For ios||ios link|
|Fortnite Free-to-play Cross-platform Game For Xbox||Xbox link|
|Fortnite Free-to-play Cross-platform Game For Playstation 4 and 5||Playstation 4 and 5 link|
|Fortnite Free-to-play Cross-platform Game For Nintendo Switch||Nintendo Switch link|
Does Fortnite support cross-play across platforms?
- The answer to the above question is a big “YES”. But, what are the prerequisites for playing the game? First and foremost, you will need an Epic Games’ account to be able to play the game. You can either create an account within the game or on the website of Epic Games. If you want to play Fortnite with players across various platforms, all you need to do is link the account that you have on Epic Games. If you are a PlayStation 4 or an Xbox One player, you need to use the official websites to create a link between the Epic accounts. If you want to link Epic accounts with the help of Nintendo Switch accounts, you can go ahead and do so. If you are an Android or iOS user, you can create an account while in the game. In case you don’t have an account, you can use your Google, Facebook, Nintendo, PlayStation Network, or Xbox Live account.
- What are MultiVersus Games and the Warner Brothers’ MultiVersus Game?
- The Top 20 Most Popular Games in the USA
- What is a Metaverse game and Top 10 Metaverse games, 2021
- Online multiplayer games with friends
Fortnite season 8 trailer battle pass
Steps to enable cross-platform play on Fortnite
Here are the steps:-
Step 1 – Your Epic account is the weapon with the help of which you can make friends with other players and play Fortnite across various platforms.
Step 2 – How do you add your friend? Use the “add friends” option on the social screen and add your friend’s name by knowing their display name. By downloading the Epic Launcher, you can also log into your account.
Step 3 – At the top right, you have to tap the silhouette and enter your friend’s username or email address and then click on “OK”.
Step 4 – You can now send invitations to your friends one by one.
Step 5 – After your friends click on “accept” on your invitation, you can click the silhouette and view your friends, highlight your friends’ names, and either join their party or opt-out of it.
Which platforms support the Fortnite Free-to-play cross-platform game?
- If you play on Android, Windows, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4 and 5, or Nintendo Switch, you can play with the maximum number of players across the maximum number of platforms. However, if you are an Android player, you can play only against PC, Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation players if the players take part in a crossplay party.
- You must have heard about the war between Epic Games and Apple. But, what is the war all about? Let’s throw light on the same. Epic violated the policies of Android (Google) and Ios (Apple) platforms sometime in the middle of 2020 when it went ahead and launched Fortnite’s own in-app store payment system. As a result, the game was instantly removed from the Google Play Store and iOS App Store. If you are an Android user, you can still download, install, and update the game without the Google Play Store. If you are an Apple user, on the other hand, you won’t be able to download or update the game. In other words, Ios and Mac versions do not support the Fortnite free-to-play cross-platform game. However, if you belong to this group you can play within the Apple community online.
Steps to merge accounts into one
- If you are one of those players, who have an account on the PlayStation 4 and another on Xbox One and Switch Consoles, you can now merge your accounts into one and play Fortnite Free-to-play cross-platform game with ease. But, for that, you need to follow the below steps:
Step 1 – You need to visit Epic’s Fortnite Account Merge website.
Step 2 – Choose and sign into your primary Fortnite account.
Step 3 – Punch in the security code that you get via email, into the website.
Step 4 – You will need to verify your username on the primary account that you have.
Step 5 – Now, you need to sign in to your Secondary Fortnite account on the Account Merge page.
Step 6 – Punch in the security code that you get via email, into the secondary account.
Step 7 – You will need to verify your username on the secondary account that you have.
- We hope we have been able to clear all the doubts that you may have had regarding the Fortnite free-to-play cross-platform game. Now, all we want is for Epic and Apple to end their “epic” war and join hands to give the players the best gaming experience.